Information We Collect And Receive
Rastech may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data (“Other Information”) in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data. Customers or individuals granted access to a Workspace by a Customer (“Authorized Users”) routinely submit Customer Data to Rastech when using the Services.
- Other Information.Rastech also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Workspace and Account Information. To create or update a Workspace account, you or your Customer (e.g., your employer) supply Rastech with an email address, phone number, password, domain and/or similar account details. For details on Workspace creation, go to related sectoin. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Rastech (or its payment processors) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata. When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work. For example, Rastech logs the Workspaces, channels, people, features, content and links you view or interact with, the types of files shared, and what Third Party Services are used (if any).
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information. Rastech collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information. We receive information from you, your Customer and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Rastech may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Third Party Services. A Customer can choose to permit or restrict Third Party Services for its Workspace. Typically, Third Party Services are software that integrate with our Services, and a Customer can permit its Authorized Users to enable and disable these integrations for its Workspace. Rastech may also develop and offer Rastech applications that connect the Services with a Third Party Service. Once enabled, the provider of a Third Party Service may share certain information with Rastech. For example, if a cloud storage application is enabled to permit files to be imported to a Workspace, we may receive the user name and email address of Authorized Users, along with additional information that the application has elected to make available to Rastech to facilitate the integration. Authorized Users should check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services to understand what data may be disclosed to Rastech. When a Third Party Service is enabled, Rastech is authorized to connect and access Other Information made available to Rastech in accordance with our agreement with the Third Party Provider and any permission(s) granted by Customer (including, by its Authorized User(s)). We do not, however, receive or store passwords for any of these Third Party Services when connecting them to the Services.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to import (such as an address book from a device) is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. Rastech may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Rastech. We also receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or in other ways, such as if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, enroll in a certification program or other educational program hosted by Rastech or a vendor, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Rastech.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, “Information”). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as Workspace setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Rastech in accordance with Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law. Rastech is a processor of Customer Data and Customer is the controller. Customer may, for example, use the Services to grant and remove access to a Workspace, assign roles and configure settings, access, modify, export, share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Rastech uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Rastech uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business.This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under a Customer Agreement, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities, or at an Authorized User’s request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions.If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features.Rastech tries to make the Services as useful as possible for specific Workspaces and Authorized Users. For example, we may improve search functionality by using Other Information to help determine and rank the relevance of content, channels or expertise to an Authorized User, make Services or Third Party Service suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights, to customize a Services experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications.We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Rastech. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them. If you have additional questions about a message you have received from Rastech please reach out through the contact mechanisms described below.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters.Rastech may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Rastech may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Rastech does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer’s Instructions.Rastech will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer’s instructions, including any applicable terms in the Customer Agreement and Customer’s use of Services functionality, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Displaying the Services.When an Authorized User submits Other Information, it may be displayed to other Authorized Users in the same or connected Workspaces. For example, an Authorized User’s email address may be displayed with their Workspace profile.
- Collaborating with Others.The Services provide different ways for Authorized Users working in independent Workspaces to collaborate, such as shared channels or email interoperability. Other Information, such as an Authorized User’s profile Information, may be shared, subject to the policies and practices of the other Workspace(s).
- Customer Access.Owners, administrators, Authorized Users, and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify, or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to export logs of Workspace activity, or accessing or modifying your profile details. For information about your Workspace settings
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners.We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services, or we may share business information to develop strategic partnerships with Third Party Service providers to support our common customers. Additional information about the subprocessors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at Rastech
- Third Party Services.Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. We require each Third Party Service to disclose all permissions for information access in the Services, but we do not guarantee that they do so. When enabled, Rastech may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Rastech and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection, use, and sharing. Please check the permissions, privacy settings, and notices for these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates.Rastech may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Rastech’s Business.If Rastech engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Rastech’s assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities, some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data.We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Rastech customer the average amount of time spent within a typical Workspace.
- To Comply with Laws.If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety.To protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Rastech or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent.Rastech may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Rastech takes security of data very seriously. Rastech works hard to protect Other Information you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. Rastech has received internationally recognized security certifications. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, Rastech cannot guarantee that Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. When you click a link to a third-party site, you will be leaving our site and we don’t control or endorse what is on third-party sites.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Rastech does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 16 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact the Customer who controls your workspace for additional access and assistance. Please checkhttps://rastech.ir/for Customer contact information.
To the extent that Rastech’s processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (or applicable laws covering the processing of Personal Data in the United Kingdom), Rastech relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Rastech may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, and you have a right to object to Rastech’s use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.